The best Shimano tuna reels are the Tiagra, Stella SW, Talica II and the TLD 2 Speed. All of these reels are trolling/conventional type reels except for the Stella which is a spinning reel.
So why are these the best for tuna?
These reels are all built super tough and have large line capacities. They also have excellent drag systems. Tuna will abuse your tackle and if it’s not tough enough, it will fail and the tuna will swim away. Don’t settle for less. Check out the deals on Shimano conventional reels here….Shop Now at Amazon.com
Shimano Tiagra Tuna Reel Review Video
Shimano Tiagra Trolling Reel Features
- Ratcheting drag lever
- Large braided line capacity
- 2 speed gear system
- CNC machined frame and sideplate
- Standard equipment on most fishing yachts and private charter boats
- Heavy duty machines gears
- Proven against the biggest and baddest game fish like bluefin tuna, swordfish, marlin and sharks
Shimano Talica II Conventional Reel Product Video
Shimano Talica II (TAC50II) Conventional Reel Features
- Reel Speeds: Two Speed
- Weight: 56.0 oz.
- Max Drag at Full: 60 lb.
- Max Drag at Strike: 53 lb.
- Line Retrieve Per Crank – High: 45″
- Line Retrieve Per Crank – Low: 20″
- Line Capacity (Mono): 440 yds./60 lb., 340 yds./80 lb., 250 yds./100 lb.
- Gear Ratio – High: 3.8:1 Gear Ratio – Low: 1.7:1
- Line Capacity (Braid): 1120 yds./80 lb., 945 yds./100 lb., 825 yds./150 lb.
Shimano TLD II Conventional Reel Tuna Fishing Video
Shimano TLD 2 Speed Conventional Reel (TLD50IIA) Features
- Gear ratio: 3.5:1, Low gear ratio: 1.7:1
- Max drag force: 37 lbs
- Mono line capacity (lbs/yd): 50/700
- PowerPro line Capacity (Lbs/yd): 65/1200, 80/1095, 100/920
- Line retrieve per crank: 38 inch / 15 inch
- Weight: 57.30 ounce
- Bearings: 4 A RB bearings
- Best budget Shimano tuna reel
Shimano Stella SW Spinning Reel Product Video
Shimano Stella SW Spinning Reel Features
- Gear Ratio: 4.4:1
- Weight: 34.9 oz
- Line Retrieve: 52
- Maximum Drag Force: 44 lbs
- Monofilament Line Capacity: 40/370, 50/300, 60/250
- PowerPRO Line Capacity: 65/900, 80/700, 100/570
- Bearings: 14+1
- Reel Handle Position: Right or Left
- Best tuna spinning reel available